The Academy supports staff and faculty Affinity groups at WashU. Affinity groups, also called employee resource groups, are spaces for staff and faculty who share a similar identity or interest that supports diversity, equity, and inclusion efforts to shift the culture and climate at the WashU community. To learn more about each group and get connected, click on the following:
- Asian Pacific Islander Desi American (APIDA) – provide APIDA staff and faculty with opportunities to interact, strengthen professional connections, and build support networks through outreach with the local APIDA community.
- Black Faculty and Staff Cabinet – The Cabinet fosters a culture of oneness by ensuring the support, equity, and inclusion of African American/Black faculty and staff at WashU, and brings issues to the attention of the university’s leadership. The Cabinet will support the academic and professional development of African American/Black faculty, staff, students and other individuals of color.
- Bridge – LGBTQA employee resource group.
- Diversity and Inclusion Forum for Faculty and Staff (DIFFS) – culturally inclusive and supportive network for all underrepresented faculty and staff at Washington University committed to supporting a strong diverse and inclusive environment.
- SOMOS WashU – Latinx/a/o faculty and staff that focus on creating opportunities for community, connection, and conversation.
Interested in learning more about Affinity groups or starting your own staff and faculty Affinity group? Please contact the Academy to discuss further or fill out the form below.